Totals: 0 - €0.00
Please note - this edition of the Monograph is currently in production. Orders will be shipped when the book is published in March 2017.
Edited by Stefano Aliberti, James D. Chalmers and Mathias W. Pletz
Pulmonary infections are a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Adequate and timely treatment of these infections is therefore of vital importance, especially when considering the emerging problem of antimicrobial resistance. This Monograph provides a comprehensive up-to-date overview of the use of anti-infectives in lung diseases, with chapters covering community- and hospital-acquired pneumonia, exacerbations of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacteria pulmonary disease, pleural infections, and fungal diseases. Other chapters address antibiotic stewardship in the community and hospital settings, and the use of antibiotics in specific patient groups (e.g. critically ill and paediatric patients). Mechanisms of action and resistance, diagnostic approaches, therapeutic options (e.g. combination therapy, dosing and routes of administration), and the development of new drugs are also discussed.
1. Antibiotics for pulmonary infections: an overview
Matteo Bassetti and Elda Righi
2. Antibiotic resistance in pulmonary infections: mechanisms and epidemiology
Oliwia Makarewicz, Mareike Klinger-Strobel, Ralf Ehricht, Michael Kresken and Mathias W. Pletz
3. Antibiotics in critical care: dosing, therapeutic drug monitoring and continuous infusions
Maya Hites and Fabio Silvio Taccone
4. Inhaled antibiotics in chronic airway infections
Felix C. Ringshausen, James D. Chalmers and Mathias W. Pletz
5. Inhaled antibiotics in critical care
Charles-Edouard Luyt and Jean Chastre
6. Identifying patients with pneumonia due to MDR organisms coming from the community
Marta Di Pasquale, Stefano Aliberti, Paolo Tarsia and Francesco Blasi
7. Antibiotic stewardship in the community
Eleni Papakonstantinou and Daiana Stolz
8. Antibiotic stewardship in the hospital setting
James D. Chalmers and Mathias W. Pletz
9. Antibiotics in acute exacerbation of asthma and COPD
Gernot G.U. Rohde
10. Antifungals in pulmonary infections: to whom, when and how?
Sebastian R. Ott
11. Long-term oral antibiotic treatment: why, what, when and to whom?
Eva Van Braeckel and Menno M. van der Eerden
12. Macrolide therapy for patients with pneumonia: a triple-edged sword
Yuichiro Shindo and Yoshinori Hasegawa
13. Treatment options for MDR- and XDR-TB
Kwok Chiu Chang and Giovanni Sotgiu
14. Perspectives on antibiotic treatment of NTM pulmonary disease
15. Antibiotics for pleural infections
Rahul Bhatnagar, Vasileios S. Skouras, Najib M. Rahman and Ioannis Psallidas
16. Antibiotics in interstitial lung diseases
Davide Biondini and Paolo Spagnolo
17. Insights into antibiotic use in children with CAP
Susanna Esposito, Mara Lelii, Rossana Tenconi and Maria Francesca Patria
18. New antibiotic development for pulmonary infections: New Drugs for Bad Bugs and beyond
Tomislav Kostyanev, Marc J.M. Bonten and Herman Goossens
19. Combination antibiotic therapy and synergy in HAP and VAP
Rodrigo Cavallazzi and Julio A. Ramirez
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
UK: 2-4 business days from date of despatch.
Europe: 7-10 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!