Totals: 0 - €0.00
On 1 July, ERS will resume sales of printed books within Europe. Unfortunately, intercontinental shipping remains disrupted. Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by Stefano Aliberti, James D. Chalmers and Mathias W. Pletz
Pulmonary infections are a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Adequate and timely treatment of these infections is therefore of vital importance, especially when considering the emerging problem of antimicrobial resistance. This Monograph provides a comprehensive up-to-date overview of the use of anti-infectives in lung diseases, with chapters covering community- and hospital-acquired pneumonia, exacerbations of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacteria pulmonary disease, pleural infections, and fungal diseases. Other chapters address antibiotic stewardship in the community and hospital settings, and the use of antibiotics in specific patient groups (e.g. critically ill and paediatric patients). Mechanisms of action and resistance, diagnostic approaches, therapeutic options (e.g. combination therapy, dosing and routes of administration), and the development of new drugs are also discussed.
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Antibiotics for pulmonary infections: an overview
2. Antibiotic resistance in pulmonary infections: mechanisms and epidemiology
3. Antibiotics in critical care: dosing, therapeutic drug monitoring and continuous infusions
4. Inhaled antibiotics in chronic airway infections
5. Inhaled antibiotics in critical care
6. Identifying patients with pneumonia due to MDR organisms coming from the community
7. Antibiotic stewardship in the community
8. Antibiotic stewardship in the hospital setting
9. Antibiotics in acute exacerbation of asthma and COPD
10. Antifungals in pulmonary infections: to whom, when and how?
11. Long-term oral antibiotic treatment: why, what, when and to whom?
12. Macrolide therapy for patients with pneumonia: a triple-edged sword
13. Treatment options for MDR- and XDR-TB
14. Perspectives on antibiotic treatment of NTM pulmonary disease
15. Antibiotics for pleural infections
16. Antibiotics in interstitial lung diseases
17. Insights into antibiotic use in children with CAP
18. New antibiotic development for pulmonary infections: New Drugs for Bad Bugs and beyond
19. Combination antibiotic therapy and synergy in HAP and VAP
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!