Totals: 0 - €0.00
Edited by James D. Chalmers, Eva Polverino and Stefano Aliberti
Bronchiectasis is a hot topic in respiratory medicine, attracting an increasing amount of interest from clinicians, scientists, physiotherapists and the pharmaceutical industry. However, there is a lack of knowledge about the disease in terms of the research performed, clinical management, classification and patient treatment. The disease is also very complex because it can be caused by multiple underlying disorders, meaning its clinical presentation is highly diverse. This Monograph will tackle these issues by providing a series of chapters from recognised world experts covering: clinical management, service delivery, pathophysiology, microbiology and underlying disorders. The book also addresses the challenges faced in clinical trials and the need for drug development, and presents a number of clinical cases designed to aid learning. The Bronchiectasis Monograph substantially integrates the 2017 ERS guidelines on management of these patients. It is an essential reference for anyone caring for bronchiectasis patients or engaged in bronchiectasis research.
1. A patient's perspective
3. Identifying undiagnosed cystic fibrosis in adults with bronchiectasis
4. Comorbidities and their impact
5. Defining severe bronchiectasis
6. The bronchiectasis microbiome
7. How do we know what works? Clinical trials end-points and quality of life assessment
8. Phenotypes and endotypes
9. Primary immunodeficiency
10. COPD and asthma overlap with bronchiectasis
11. Fungal lung disease
12. Diagnosis, classification and epidemiology of pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial disease
13. Management of pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacteria disease
14. Nontuberculous mycobacteria infections in patients receiving immunosuppressive agents
15. Systemic and connective tissue diseases
16. Diagnosis of primary ciliary dyskinesia: current practice and future perspectives
17. Management of primary ciliary dyskinesia: current practice and future perspectives
18. Management of frequently exacerbating patients
19. Antibiotic management and resistance
20. Airway clearance techniques, pulmonary rehabilitation and physical activity
21. Site of care and multidisciplinary approach
22. Future directions: the next 10 years in research
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!