On 1 July, ERS will resume sales of printed books within Europe. Unfortunately, intercontinental shipping remains disrupted. Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Expected shipping date: September 2020
Edited by Miguel Ángel Martínez-García, Jean-Louis Pépin and Mario Cazzola
This Monograph provides an update on cardiovascular disease complications and treatment implications for respiratory diseases, based on current scientific evidence and considered from an epidemiological, pathophysiological and clinical point of view. This book also discusses the true challenges when studying the complex relationship between these two groups of disorders.
1. Epidemiological aspects of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases
2. Common pathophysiological pathways of the autonomic nervous system
3. Murine models of cardiovascular damage in lung diseases
Cardiovascular implications of specific respiratory disorders
4. Cardiovascular disease in COPD
5. Management of patients with asthma of COPD and cardiovascular disease: risks versus benefits
6. Chronic asthma and the risk of cardiovascular disease
7. Cardiovascular implications in bronchiectasis
8. Cardiovascular complications of cystic fibrosis
9. Cardiovascular consequences of sleep disordered breathing: the role of CPAP treatment
10. The heart in obesity hypoventilation syndrome
11. Cardiovascular effects of innovative therapies in lung cancer
12. Cardiovascular implications of pulmonary hypertension due to chronic respiratory diseases
13. Cardiovascular mortality and morbidity in pulmonary embolism
14. The cardiovascular system in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
15. Cardiovascular consequences of community-acquired pneumonia and other pulmonary infections
Cardiovascular risk of pulmonary pharmacology
16. Beta2-adrenoceptor modulation in COPD and its potential impact on cardiovascular comorbidities
17. Characterising the cardiovascular safety profile of inhaled muscarinic receptor antagonists
18. Impact of inhaled corticosteroids in patients with cardiovascular disease
19. Cardiovascular side-effects of common antibiotics
20. The cardiovascular effects of xanthines and selective PDE inhibitors: a risk–benefit analysis
21. Future challenges
This book also includes clinical cases
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!