Totals: 0 - €0.00
We are experiencing delays in shipping to some European countries owing to ongoing strike action in France. We are currently unable to guarantee delivery times. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Edited by Paolo Palange, Pierantonio Laveneziana, J. Alberto Neder and Susan A. Ward
In the last 10 years, the use of clinical exercise testing in respiratory medicine has grown significantly and, if used in the appropriate context, it has been demonstrated to provide clinically useful and relevant information. However, as its implementation and interpretation can be complicated, it should be used alongside previous medical evaluation (including medical history, physical examination and other appropriate complementary tests) and should be interpreted with the results of these additional tests in mind. This timely ERS Monograph aims to provide a comprehensive update on the contemporary uses of exercise testing to answer clinically relevant questions in respiratory medicine. The book covers: equipment and measurements; exercise testing in adults and children; cardiac disease; interstitial lung disease; pulmonary vascular disease; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; pre-surgical testing; and much more.
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
Introduction: CPET in clinical practice. Recent advances, current challenges and future directions
1. Determinants of the physiological systems responses to muscular exercise in healthy subjects
2. Abnormal patterns of response to incremental CPET
3. Equipment, measurements and quality control
4. Reference values in adults
5. Patterns of cardiopulmonary response to exercise in COPD
6. Patterns of cardiopulmonary response to exercise in fibrotic ILD
7. Patterns of cardiopulmonary response to exercise cardiac diseases
8. Patterns of cardiopulmonary response to exercise in pulmonary vascular diseases
9. Walking for the assessment of patients with COPD
10. Exercise testing in children with respiratory diseases
11. Exercise testing in adults with cystic fibrosis
12. Exercise testing in the prognostic evaluation of patients with lung and heart diseases
13. Exercise testing in the evaluation of pharmacotherapy in COPD
14. Exercise testing for pre-operative evaluation
15. A critical perspective on the use of exercise testing
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!