Totals: 0 - €0.00
Edited by Antonio Anzueto, Yvonne Heijdra and John R. Hurst
COPD is one of the most common diseases worldwide and is projected to be the third leading cause of death by 2020. But that does not mean it is easy to understand or manage. In everyday practice, pulmonologists face areas of controversy in COPD, for which evidence-based medicine is often unavailable. This ERS Monograph considers where the current controversies in COPD lie, discussing areas such as screening, premature birth, asthmaCOPD overlap syndrome, treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care. This book will be of great interest to both clinicians and scientists, and aims to stimulate further discussion about this diverse and fascinating disease.
"...contains a vast amount of information on the disease, its prevalence, signs and symptoms, diagnositc tests and treatment options. The book's format makes it quick and simple to find out what you need to know, and its size would make it easy to take to work for use in practice [...] invaluable for anyone working with patients with the disease." Emma Vincent, Nursing Standard
1. Screening and case finding
2. COPD as a consequence of premature birth?
3. Nonsmokers and biomass exposure
4. Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
5. The asthmaCOPD overlap syndrome
6. The overlap with bronchiectasis
7. Coexistent COPD and ILD
8. The value of CT scanning
9. Re-assessing the importance of FEV1 decline
10. The use of multidimensional indices
11. What is bacterial colonisation in COPD?
12. Non-tuberculous mycobacterial lung disease and COPD
13. Pneumonia or exacerbation of COPD?
14. Prophylactic antibiotics
15. Inhaled medication: which device for which patient?
16. The importance of physical activity
17. How to assess the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation
18. Measurable aspects of health status in clinical practice
19. The role of telemedicine
20. The challenge of palliative care
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!