Totals: 0 - €0.00
On 1 July, ERS will resume sales of printed books within Europe. Unfortunately, intercontinental shipping remains disrupted. Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by I. Horvath and J.C. de Jongste
Exhaled air contains numerous substances, often in extremely low concentrations. The development of sensitive detection techniques has made it possible to examine the composition of exhaled air in relation to a variety of airway diseases and other disorders. In this Monograph, an overview of current cutting-edge breath analysis techniques and their clinical applications is provided for the clinician. The various contributions give a fascinating perspective of a future where new, highly sensitive methodologies will enable clinicians to diagnose and monitor a wide variety of diseases merely by taking the patient's breath.
If you would like to buy this book as eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Basic aspects of exhaled nitric oxide
2. Exhaled nitric oxide in asthma
3. Exhaled nitric oxide in respiratory diseases other than asthma
4. Exhaled nitric oxide in infants: a marker of inflammation?
5. Nasal nitric oxide
6. Exhaled carbon monoxide: mechanisms and clinical applications
7. Methodological issues of sample collection and analysis of exhaled breath
8. Interpretation of exhaled volatile organic compounds
9. Exhaled volatile organic compounds as biomarkers for respiratory diseases
10. Exhaled volatile organic compounds in nonrespiratory diseases
11. Exhaled breath condensate sample collection: standards and open issues
12. Exhaled breath condensate: hydrogen peroxide
13. Exhaled breath condensate pH
14. Exhaled breath condensate: adenosine, ATP and other purines
15. Exhaled breath condensate: 8-isoprostane and eicosanoids
16. Exhaled breath condensate: nitric oxide-related compounds
17. Interleukins and other proteins
18. Exhaled breath condensate: metabolomics
19. Future perspectives on exhaled biomarkers
20. Summary and future developments
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!