This book will be published in March 2023. It will be available for pre-order in January 2023.
Edited by Ian P. Sinha, Alice Lee, Vittal Katikireddi and Jenni Quint
Contents list (subject to change)
Understanding the mechanisms of poverty and respiratory ill health
1. How to read a paper about inequality in respiratory disease: basic epidemiological principles, and how inequalities are measured
2. What causes poverty and how does this contribute to respiratory inequality?
3. Genetics, epigenetics and respiratory disease
4. Racial, ethnic and migrant inequalities in respiratory health
5. Inequalities in respiratory health based on sex and gender
6. Air pollution and respiratory inequality
7. Food insecurity and respiratory ill health
8. Housing quality and respiratory health
9. Smoking, vaping and respiratory health
10. Occupational health and respiratory disparities
Inequalities in disease and ill health: what are we observing, and what are the mechanisms?
11. Inequalities in cystic fibrosis
12. Inequalities in COPD
13. Inequalities in asthma
14. Lung cancer
15. Societal drivers of antimicrobial resistance
16. Inequalities related to COVID-19: infection and beyond
17. Inequalities in respiratory infection in childhood
18. Inclusion health: respiratory health in people suffering severe and multiple disadvantage
Global health inequality in respiratory disease
19. The global impact of the climate emergency on respiratory health
20. Preventable deaths from respiratory disease in children in low income countries
21. Air quality in low and middle income countries: what is the impact on respiratory morbidity and mortality
22. Global inequalities in tuberculosis
What can be done about respiratory inequality?
23. Can a quality improvement approach reduce inequalities in respiratory health?
24. A human rights approach to health equity
25. What might a global strategy to address respiratory inequalities look like?
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!