Totals: 0 - €0.00
World Cancer Day discount: €10.00 off for a limited time only
Edited by Anne-Marie C. Dingemans, Martin Reck and Virginie Westeel
Lung cancer is the most common cause of death from cancer worldwide – it is estimated to cause nearly one in five cancer deaths. Most lung cancer patients are diagnosed late and for many of them, there are currently no curative therapy options available, meaning long-term survival is still low. Nevertheless, enormous progress has been made in the field during the last decade. This Monograph provides a comprehensive overview of the current knowledge of and advances in lung cancer, covering areas such as: screening; tobacco control; COPD; diagnosis; therapy; and treatment of early stage lung cancer from both a surgeon’s and radiation oncologist’s perspective. Very recent achievements in innovative fields, such as targeted therapies and immunotherapies, are also discussed.
1. Epidemiology: development and perspectives
3. Tobacco control
4. The association with COPD
5. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
6. Histological diagnosis: recent developments
7. The current of future roles of genomics
8. Molecular pathology
9. Adequate tissue for adequate diagnosis: what do we really need?
10. Management of early stage lung cancer: a surgeon's perspective
11. Management of early stage lung cancer: a radiation oncologist's perspective
12. Mediastinal staging
13. Approaches in patients with locally advanced NSCLC: a surgeon's perspective
14. Approaches in patients with locally advanced NSCLC: a radiation oncologist's perspective
16. Systemic treatment of elderly patients
17. Achievements in targeted therapies
18. Can we expect progress from targeted therapy of SCLC?
20. Perspective of a pulmonologist: what might we expect and what do we need to know?
This issue can be accessed online at erspublications.com - online access is free to European Respiratory Society (ERS) members and can be purchased by ERS non-members.
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
UK: 2-4 business days from date of despatch.
Europe: 7-10 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!