Totals: 0 - €0.00
This book is no longer available in print. It remains available as an ebook. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by M. Ferrer and P. Pelosi
Mechanical ventilation is the life-support technique most frequently used in critically ill patients admitted to intensive care units. This Monograph is intended to update relevant aspects and novel developments in mechanical ventilation that have occurred in recent years. The topics discussed include conventional and innovative ventilator modalities, adjuvant therapies, modes of extracorporeal respiratory support, and weaning from mechanical ventilation and noninvasive ventilation.
1. Ventilator-induced lung injury
2. Ventilator strategies in severe hypoxaemic respiratory failure
3. Recruitment manoeuvres in patients with acute lung injury
4. Surfactant therapy in acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome
5. NIV in hypoxaemic acute respiratory failure
6. Biphasic PAP/airway pressure release ventilation in ALI
7. Proportional assist ventilation
8. Neurally adjusted ventilatory assist
9. Helium as a therapeutic gas: an old idea needing some new thought
10. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
11. Extracorporeal lung support to remove carbon dioxide
12. Prevention of VAP: role of the artificial airway, body position and setting the ventilator
13. Predictors of weaning from mechanical ventilation
14. NIV in withdrawal from mechanical ventilation
15. Tracheostomy in mechanical ventilation
16. Mechanical ventilation with advanced closed-loop systems
17. Update on sedation and analgesia in mechanical ventilation
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!