The maximum order value is currently 150. For larger requirements, please place several orders or contact email@example.com
ERS has now resumed sales of printed books worldwide, with the exception of a small number of countries (https://www.ersbookshop.com/covid-19-shipping-information-24-w.asp). Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com, as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availabilityEdited by Ferran Barbé and Jean-Louis Pépin
Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) is a common and progressive chronic disease. It is responsible for a high number of comorbidities and is linked with increased mortality, including a rise in the rate of sudden cardiac death. It is widely acknowledged that OSA now affects millions of people worldwide. This Monograph considers this high-impact condition from four different perspectives: pathogenesis; at-risk populations; clinical scenarios; and treatment and management. Comprehensive and up-to-date chapters provide the reader with a concise overview of OSA, making this book a useful reference for pulmonologists concerned with the management of this disease.
"Packs up-to-date information in a relatively small and readable book. Both basic and applied scientists and physicians with special interest in sleep medicine will find value... A must-have for training programs not only in sleep medicine but also pulmonary and critical care training programs, for academic clinicians, and groups doing health services or basic research on OSA" Elias Alhanoun, Novera Inam and Kingman Strohl, Sleep and Breathing
If you would like to buy this book as eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Animal and physiological settings of IH exposure
2. Physiological phenotypes
3. Cancer: insights into biological plausibility
4. Cardiovascular disease: pathophysiological mechanisms
5. Pathophysiological interactions of OSA, HF and nocturnal fluid redistribution
6. Women and pregnancy
7. Elderly patients
8. Bariatric surgery
10. OHS: definition, diagnosis, pathophysiology and management
11. Specific diagnosis and clinical pathways in at-risk populations
12. COPD and other pulmonary diseases
13.Traffic accident risk
14. Resistant hypertension
15. Cancer: an epidemiological perspective
16. Metabolic syndrome
17. Lifestyle intervention and pharmaceutical therapies of sleep apnoea
18. Mandibular advancement devices
19. New ventilator support in complex phenotypes: coexisting CSA and OSA
20. Supporting patients receiving CPAP treatment: the role of training and telemedicine
21. Integrated care
22. Overall treatment strategies
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!