Totals: 0 - €0.00
On 1 July, ERS will resume sales of printed books within Europe. Unfortunately, intercontinental shipping remains disrupted. Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by Kai-Håkon Carlsen and Jorrit Gerritsen
Asthma is a disease of many faces and is frequently seen in children. This Monograph covers all aspects of paediatric asthma, across all ages, from birth through to the start of adulthood. It considers diagnostic problems in relation to the many phenotypes of asthma, covers the treatment of both mild-to-moderate and severe asthma, and discusses asthma exacerbations as well as exercise-induced asthma. The issue also provides an update on the pathophysiology of asthma, the role of bacterial and viral infections, and the impact of environmental factors, allergy, genetics and epigenetics. Finally, this Monograph considers the economic burden of the disease, as well as new and future developments in asthma therapy.
If you would like to buy this book as eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Asthma in children: the road to individual asthma phenotypes
2. Infantile and preschool asthma
3. Problematic severe asthma
4. Asthma at school age and in adolescence
5. Physical exercise, training and sports in asthmatic children and adolescents
6. Food allergy, asthma and anaphylaxis
7. The burden of paediatric asthma: economic and familiar
8. Lung development and the role of asthma and allergy
9. Genetics and epigenetics of childhood asthma
10. The role of viral and bacterial infections of the development and exacerbations of asthma
11. Role of allergen exposure on the development of asthma in childhood
12. Indoor and outdoor air pollution and the development of asthma
13. Psychological factors
14. Airway hyperresponsiveness in children
15. Treatment of acute asthma
16. Treatment of infant and preschool asthma
17. Treatment of asthma from childhood to adulthood
18. Follow-up of children with asthma
19. New and future developments of therapy from asthma in children
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!