ERS has now resumed sales of printed books worldwide, with the exception of a small number of countries (https://www.ersbookshop.com/shipping-in-2020-4-w.asp). Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by Nick A. Maskell, Christian B. Laursen, Y.C. Gary Lee and Najib M. Rahman
This Monograph provides the clinician with an up-to-date summary of the substantial evidence in our understanding of pleural disease. It covers key aspects relevant to clinicians, including mechanisms, pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnostics, relevant experimental models and interventions. Although broad in scope, readers will be able to reach into individual chapters to gain a focused summary of specific areas relevant to their clinical or scientific practice.
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBok only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Epidemiology: why is pleural disease becoming more common?
2. The pathophysiology of breathlessness and other symptoms associated with pleural effusions
3. In vitro and in vivo laboratory models
4. Radiology: what is the role of chest radiographs, CT and PET in modern management?
5. Thoracic ultrasound: a key tool beyond procedure guidance
6. Pleural interventions: less is more?
7. Pleural physiology: what do we understand and what should we measure in clinical practice?
8. Medical thoracoscopy in 2020: essential and future techniques
9. Optimal diagnosis and treatment of malignant pleural disease: challenging the guidelines
10. Pleural infection: moving from treatment to prevention
11. Effusions related to TB
12. Pneumothorax: how to predict, prevent and cure
13. Nonspecific pleuritis
14. Nonmalignant pleural effusions: are they as benign as we think?
15. Mesothelioma: is chemotherapy alone a thing of the past?
16. Novel technology: more than just indwelling pleural catheters
17. The role of surgery
18. The specialist pleural service: when, why and who?
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!