Totals: 0 - €0.00
Edited by Charles Feldman, Eva Polverino and Julio A. Ramirez
The lung is the most common site of complications resulting from HIV infection. These respiratory conditions may be of infective or noninfective origin, and are associated with considerable morbidity and mortality. This editors of "Pulmonary Complications of HIV" have brought together experts from around the world to discuss this major area. A broad range of topics is covered, from the global epidemiology of HIV to transplantation, and recent advances in HIV infection, complications, treatment and prevention are discussed. The editors hope that books such as "Pulmonary Complications of HIV" will help us move towards achieveing more successul therapies for HIV-related pulmonary infectious diseases.
"Worthy of a spot on your bookshelf. As a clinician, educator, and researcher in the field of HIV-related lung disease, I found the book to be informative, easy to read, and a quick and simple reference to have on hand. It would be valuable to any medical trainee or clinician who manages the care of HIV-infected patients." Sushima Cribbs, Emerging Infectious Diseases
1. The global epidemiology of HIV
2. Current antiretroviral therapy
3. Pulmonary immunity
5. Lung transplantation
6. HIV in pregnancy: diagnostic and therapeutic implications for the newborn
7. A paediatric perspective
8. Bacterial community-acquired pneumonia
10. Nontuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary infections
11. Pneumocystis jirovecii infection
12. Viral infections
13. Other fungal and protozoan infections
14. Pulmonary malignancies
15. Chronic obstructive lung diseases
16. Interstitial lung disease
17. Pulmonary arterial hypertension
19. Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!