On 1 July, ERS will resume sales of printed books within Europe. Unfortunately, intercontinental shipping remains disrupted. Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
This book will be published in 2021 and will be available to pre-order in spring 2021.
Edited by Ian Sinha, Jayesh Bhatt, Alex Cleator and Helen Wallace
Contents list (subject to change)
Structure and function of the newborn respiratory system
1. In utero and postnatal development of the human lung and its defence mechanisms
2. Respiratory physiology of the newborn
Neonatal lung disease in preterm infants
3. Respiratory support in the delivery suite and neonatal unit
4. Pathogenesis of bronchopulmonary dysplasia
5. Long term sequelae of bronchopulmonary dysplasia
6. Management of bronchopulmonary dysplasia: strategies to prevent short and long term complications
7. Pulmonary hypertension in preterm infants
8. When and how to close a patent ducts arteriosus in a preterm infant?
9. Primary ciliary dyskinesia in the neonatal period
Developmental, structural and functional diseases of the respiratory system
10. Tracheal disorders of the newborn
11. Congenital parenchymal structural lung lesions: cysts, emphysema and sequestration
12. Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
13. Congenital pulmonary lymphangiectasia
14. Interstitial lung diseases presenting in the neonatal period
15. Neuromuscular diseases and respiratory failure
16. Congenital infections affecting the respiratory system
17. Managing cystic fibrosis in the neonatal period
18. Sleep physiology and disorders in newborn infants
19. Histopathology of newborn lung disease
20. Chest radiology in infants
21. Meconium aspiration
Other considerations around the respiratory system in newborns
22. Socioeconomic determinants of early years respiratory health, and the impact on later life
23. Newborn lung disease in low- and middle-income countries
24. The ethics of neonatal resuscitation
25. Prophylaxis against respiratory syncytial virus in high risk infants
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!