The maximum order value is currently 150. For larger requirements, please place several orders or contact email@example.com
Edited by Kian Fan Chung, Elliot Israel and Peter G. Gibson
Severe asthma is a form of asthma that responds poorly to currently available medication, and its patients represent those with greatest unmet needs. In the last 10 years, substantial progress has been made in terms of understanding some of the mechanisms that drive severe asthma; there have also been concomitant advances in the recognition of specific molecular phenotypes. This ERS Monograph covers all aspects of severe asthma epidemiology, diagnosis, mechanisms, treatment and management but has a particular focus on recent understanding of mechanistic heterogeneity based on an analytic approach using various 'omics platforms applied to clinically well-defined asthma cohorts. How these advances have led to improved management targets is also emphasised. This book brings together the clinical and scientific expertise of those from around the world who are collaborating to solve the problem of severe asthma.
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Definition and impact
2. Understanding the experience of people living with severe asthma
3. The contribution of comorbidities, psychosocial factors and adherence to the presentation of severe asthma
4. Clinical phenotypes: adults
5. Clinical phenotypes: children
6. Mechanisms underlying fixed airflow obstruction and exacerbations
7. Clinical biomarkers and noninvasive assessment
10. The lessons from U-BIOPRED
11. SARP: dissecting subphenotypes and endotypes
12. Molecular phenotypes
13. Metabolic dysfunction
14. Corticosteroid responsiveness and resistance
15. Mechanisms in children
16. Evaluation and management in children
17. Evaluation of difficult-to-treat and severe asthma in adults
18. Biologics targeting type 2 inflammation
19. Nonpharmacological interventions: behavioural and interventional approaches
20. Management in adults
21. The next decade of continuing progress
This book also includes clinical cases
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!