Edited by Sofia Belo Ravara, Elif Dagli, Paraskevi Katsaounou, Keir E. Lewis and Charlotta Pisinger
This Monograph provides a comprehensive overview of tobacco cessation, from health policy to patient care. Broad in scope, this state-of-the-art collection is broken down into four sections: the changing landscape of the tobacco epidemic and challenges to curb it; treatment of tobacco dependence (pharmacotherapy, behavioural support); improving the care of patients with particular conditions who smoke (asthma, COPD, TB, cardiovascular diseases, etc.); and prevention. It also deals with some of the more controversial topics such as e-cigarettes and web applications. Readers will gain an understanding of how to implement smoking cessation into their everyday practice, but will also expand their knowledge about the policy and systems changes needed for population-wide smoking cessation.
The challenging changing landscape of the tobacco epidemic
1. Tobacco is still the most important preventable cause of respiratory diseases
2. Understanding nicotine addiction and the health effects of nicotine use
3. E-cigarettes, heated tobacco and other novel nicotine-containing products: a help to smokers or a public health threat?
Treatment of tobacco dependence
4. Practical guidance on the use of motivational interviewing to support behaviour change
5. Behaviour counselling and psychosocial interventions. The role of patient involvement
6. Evidence of the effectiveness and safety of first-line smoking cessation pharmacotherapy
7. Optimising health systems to deliver tobacco-dependence treatment
Improving the care of patients who smoke
8. Asthmatic patients
9. COPD patients
10. Lung cancer patients
11. Tuberculosis patients
12. Patients living with other respiratory diseases
13. Cardiovascular patients
14. Patients with common endocrine disorders
15. "It's the one thing they have left": smoking, smoking cessation and mental health
16. Preventing tobacco use and exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke in pregnancy
17. Preventing the initiation of tobacco and e-cigarette use among the youth
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!