Totals: 0 - €0.00
On 1 July, ERS will resume sales of printed books within Europe. Unfortunately, intercontinental shipping remains disrupted. Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by Michael J. Cox, Markus J. Ege and Erika von Mutius
Studying the lung microbiome requires a specialist approach to sampling, laboratory techniques and statistical analysis. This Monograph introduces the techniques used and discusses how respiratory sampling, 16S rRNA gene sequencing, metagenomics and the application of ecological theory can be used to examine the respiratory microbiome. It examines the different components of the respiratory microbiome: viruses and fungi in addition to the more frequently studied bacteria. It also considers a range of contexts from the paediatric microbiome and how this develops to disease of all ages including asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic suppurative lung disease, interstitial lung diseases, acquired pneumonias, transplantation, cancer and HIV, and the interaction of the respiratory microbiome and the environment.
"... this Monograph provides a thorough and accessible overview of research in this burgeoning field [...] the considerable methodological challenges of working with the lung microbiota are brought into focus [and] key foci for future research are identified..." David Broderick and Mike Taylor, New Zealand Microbiological Society Newsletter
"... reveals a complete understanding about the lung microbiome [...] it explores not only pure microbiology, but also brings a practical, clinical and environmental point of view" Marília de Assis A. Costa, Microbiology Today
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
2. Techniques: culture, identification and 16S rRNA gene sequencing
3. Applying clinical metagenomics for the detection and characterisation of respiratory infections
4. Applying ecological theories in research: lessons learned from microbial ecology and evolution?
5. The early-life microbiome: the key to respiratory health?
6. From culturomics to metagenomics: the mycobiome in chronic respiratory diseases
8. Obstructive airways disease: potential pathogenetic roles
9. Chronic suppurative lung disease: cystic fibrosis and non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis
10. Interstitial lung disease
11. The lung bacterial microbiome in community-acquired and nosocomial pneumonia
12. Compromised immunity: transplantation, cancer and HIV
13. The environmental microbiota and asthma
14. Challenges, impact and the future
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!