ERS has now resumed sales of printed books worldwide, with the exception of a small number of countries (https://www.ersbookshop.com/shipping-in-2020-4-w.asp). Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by Claus Bachert, Arnaud Bourdin and Pascal Chanez
The respiratory tract is conventionally divided into the upper and lower airways. Although the two airways have distinct functions and are managed by different specialists, they also share many physiological and immunological characteristics. Problems of the nose and sinuses can impact on the lungs; conversely, lower respiratory tract disorders can affect the upper airways. This has given rise to the concept of united airways disease, and understanding the relationships between the mechanisms, epidemiology and treatment of upper and lower airways disorders is crucial as new therapeutic options become available. This ERS Monograph presents a comprehensive overview of the nose and sinuses in respiratory disorders, starting with chapters covering basic anatomy, histology and immunology, together with recent developments in imaging techniques and practical clinical examination. Other chapters focus on specific associations with cystic fibrosis (CF), infection and exacerbations, nasal polyposis and asthma, COPD, non-CF bronchiectasis and primary ciliary dyskinesia, and air pollution in chronic diseases. The united airways are further discussed in terms of the impact of optimal upper airways treatment on lower airways inflammation and current guidelines to aid all physicians, especially ENT specialists and chest physicians, in clinical practice.
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. Upper and lower airways: the same tissue?
2. How to explore the nose in respiratory disorders in 2017: a one-stop clinic?
3. Imaging the nose and sinuses in respiratory disorders
4. Nasal and sinus problems in cystic fibrosis patients
5. Infections in the nose and exacerbations of chronic respiratory disorders
6. Nasal polyposis and asthma: the otorhinolaryngologist's view
7. Nasal polyposis and asthma: the chest physician's view
8. Nasal polyposis and asthma: a mechanistic paradigm focusing on Staphylococcus aureus
9. The nose and sinuses in COPD
10. Chronic rhinosinusitis in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis and primary ciliary dyskinesia
11. Air pollution and the nose in chronic respiratory disorders
12. Treating the nose for controlling the lung: a vanishing story?
13. United airways paradigm in guidelines and clinical practice
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!