ERS has now resumed sales of printed books worldwide, with the exception of a small number of countries (https://www.ersbookshop.com/shipping-in-2020-4-w.asp). Electronic versions of many ERS books are available from our dedicated website at https://books.ersjournals.com/, or from Google Play Books, ebooks.com and the Amazon Kindle Store (in some territories), as well as from many library ebook vendors. For more information visit: https://books.ersjournals.com/ebooks-availability
Edited by Giovanni Battista Migliori, Graham Bothamley, Raquel Duarte and Adrian Rendon
With over 10 million new TB cases and 1.6 million deaths, TB is a global health priority. Multidrug-resistant TB is of particular concern to both clinicians and national TB programmes: in 2017, there were 558 000 new rifampicin-resistant cases and 460 000 confirmed multidrug-resistant TB cases. Despite extensive investigation over the years, there is still a great deal to learn about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of TB. This Monograph brings together chapters from global TB experts and begins with a patients' perspective chapter that sets the tone. The chapters that follow cover: the history of TB; epidemiology; strategies for control and elimination; clinical and laboratory diagnosis; imaging; treatment and drugs; TB in children and different patient populations; comorbidities; clinical cases; and much more.
This book contains a unique code that gives you free access to the eBook. If you would like to buy the eBook only and not receive a print copy, visit books.ersjournals.com
1. The patients' perspective
2. History of tuberculosis
3. Epidemiology and socioeconomic determinants
4. Evolution of the strategies for control and elimination
5. Aetiopathogenesis, immunology and microbiology
6. Clinical diagnosis
7. Laboratory diagnosis
8. Imaging for diagnosis and management
9. Bronchoscopy and other invasive procedures for diagnosis
10. Treatment of drug-susceptible and drug-resistant tuberculosis
11. New and repurposed drugs
12. Adverse anti-tuberculosis drug events and their management
13. Surgery as a treatment
14. Challenges in childhood tuberculosis
15. Pregnancy and the elderly
17. Access and adherence to prevention and care for hard-to-reach groups
18. Monitoring during and after treatment
19. Sequelae assessment and rehabilitation
20. Towards a new vaccine
21. Transmission control: a refocused approach
22. Diagnosis and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection
23. Nontuberculous mycobacteria
24. What next? Basic research, new treatments and a patient-centred approach
25. Opportunities for training and learning
The book also includes clinical cases
Delivery costs are calculated at the point of checkout.
Orders are batched weekly and delivered from the UK.
Delivery times (estimated) are as follows:
Europe: 7-15 business days from date of despatch.
Rest of the World: 20-25 business days from date of despatch.
Customers will be notified by email upon despatch.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!